الأربعاء، 25 أبريل 2012


The Deserted Fairground

A poem about a deserted fairground.
  •  
  •  
The gates swung open,
The sky was pitch black,
The cold air hit my face.

Like a lost soul I searched frantically,
To find someone, anyone,
But it was as if the fairground was deserted somehow.

The rides had been left abandoned,
The merry go round moved slowly by itself,
Eerie Halloween music could be heard from the ghost train.

Ironic as it was a few days before,
I would have given anything for some peace and quiet,
My wish had been granted and I was not happy about it.

I shivered in the cold gloomy night,
My mother had told me to wear a coat,
And as usual she had been right.

I closed my eyes if only I hadn't wandered off,
If only I had done as I was told,
I wouldn't be here alone,
Out in the cold.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق